Please Patronize our 2011 Taste of Laurel Participants:
- The Bar B Que House 9990 Washington Blvd North, Laurel, Maryland, 20723
- FruitFlowers 604 Main Street, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
- Keith's Treats & Eats, Inc 14713 Baltimore Avenue #30, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
- Laurel Tavern Donuts formerly Little Tavern Hamburgers 115 Washington Blvd, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
- Nuzbacks 14405 Baltimore Avenue, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
- Pasta Nostra 7423 Van Dusen Road, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
- Salute Restaurante Italiano 504 Main Street, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
- Sapphire Restuarnt and Lounge 13308 Laurel Bowie Road, Laurel, Maryland, 20708
- Soretti's Ethiopian Cuisine 15510 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville, Maryland 20866
- Tampico Grill 42 Washington Blvd, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
- Toucan Taco 315 Gorman Avenue, Laurel, Maryland, 20707
- First United Methodist Church -Built in 1884, successor structure to Laurel’s 1842 Old Stone Church on 9th Street. 424 Main Street
- The Laurel Armory -A landmark since 1928 when it was built by C.C. Nichols, Sr. Its original purpose was to serve as a home for the Headquarters Co., 2nd Battalion, 1st Infantry under the command of Lt. J.B. Anderson. The Armory also housed the local branch of the U.S.O. until Laurel’s U.S.O. building was erected. 422 Montgomery Street
- Laurel Mill Playhouse- The Laurel Mill Playhouse exists to bring live theatre to a vibrant and diverse community, foster a creative environment, and help local individuals nurture their talent. The Playhouse is the home of the Burtonsville Players, which has been providing community theatre to the quad-county area for more than 35 years.
508 Main Street
- The Phelps Center -First public high school in Prince George’s County, original building constructed in 1899 with the financial help of Mayor Edward G. Phelps. 701 Montgomery Street
- Laurel Train Station -Restored Baldwin American Queen Anne style train station is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The 1884 structure has been restored and continues to function as a commuter station, taking area residents to and from their jobs in neighboring cities. It is the only unaltered Victorian transportation structure in the county. Main Street & 1st.
- Riverfront Park / Avondale Mill ruins-end of Avondale Street off Main
- St. Mary’s of the Mill Catholic Church-The first of two churches built with the financial aid of the Snowden family, in 1843 - 114 St. Marys Place
- St. Philip’s Episcopal Church-the second of two churches built with the financial aid of the Snowden family, in 1848 - 522 Main Street
- Venus Theatre - Venus Theatre is committed to setting flight to the voices of women and children with theatre.– 21 C Street
- Dinosaur Park -
The Dinosaur Park in Prince Georges County is open to the public the 1st & 3rd Sat. of the month 12-4 pm. Groups may call (301) 627-7755 to schedule visits at other times. Currently there is no charge.
Historic Sites in the Area
- Montpelier Mansion - Montpelier Mansion, a National Historic Landmark, is operated as a house museum and rental facility by the Maryland National Capital Parks and Planning Commission. Select rooms have been researched and furnished as they would have appeared from the end of the 18th century until 1830. A boxwood-lined pathway runs through the garden to the original 18th century summer house. - 9650 Muirkirk Road, Laurel, MD 20708
- Abraham Hall- Constructed in 1889, Abraham Hall is the best example of an African American benevolent society lodge in Prince George's County. Located in the community of Rossville, it is the first African American historic site in the county to be fully restored using public funds. Renovated and re-dedicated in October 2008, it houses M-NCPPC's Black History Program.- 7612 Old Muirkirk Road, Beltsville, Maryland 20705
- Bowie Museums - The City of Bowie operates the Belair Mansion, the Belair Stable Museum and the Bowie Railroad Station and Huntington Museum, their collections and exhibits. The City joins with the Radio History Society to present the Radio and Television Museum, and with the Prince George’s County Genealogical Society to present the Prince George’s Genealogical Library. - Various locations throughout the City of Bowie.
- For more information about historic sites in Prince George's County , Click Here.
Other interesting facts about the city can be found at http://www.city-data.com/city/Laurel-Maryland.html
A map of Main Street to see where these attractions and businesses are located can be found at http://laurelmd.us/comm.htm